World of Padman 1.5.4 beta is released for open beta-testing. WoP 1.5.4 beta? And what is the matter with 1.5.3 beta, some of you might think. You need to know that we released 1.5.3 beta a couple of days ago but due to a major bug in bots path finding it was not as stable as we thought. That is why we kept silent about it and decided to release the new version a few days later to fix this bug and a few more.
The new version solves some major game play issue like bots standing idle in CTL game mode and placing a BamBam into solid brushes. We added a new quick info (or tool tip) feature for some of the menu items which appear on mouse over. The HUD now shows the person voice chatting. To all the modders and mappers out there, please pay attention to the changelog. We made a few changes and additions to the game.
To install the patch it requires at least a full WoP 1.5 installation. There is no requirement of the 1.5.1 hot fix or any other prior beta installation. If you already have one installed, it is fine. Just overwrite existing files by unpacking the 1.5.4 beta ZIP file into your World of Padman installation folder.
Download WoP 1.5.4 beta patch for Windows and Linux
( 25.4 MB | wop-1.5.x-to-1.5.4-beta-patch.zip | MD5: 9FF94E1B93EF8E3B4894F5872C535336 )
Furthermore the beta version is also available via Desura (World of Padman beta). It provides an auto update service regarding upcoming updates. So keep your client up to date by using Desura. Our beta test server is up and running online, waiting for you at worldofpadman.com:27961
Grab the new beta version and have fun.
Your WoP team
Jul 13 2011, 08:00pm – VERSION: 1.5.4 beta
- Bug 388: Fixed teleporter shader issue in MopAn’s Jail, rings should be shown correctly now
- Fixed memory leak in bots path finding
- Fixed music playlist reading from disk once more, will now err on overly large files and remain silent on empty playlist
Jul 10 2011, 09:00pm – VERSION: 1.5.3 beta
- HUD now displays the sender names for recent voice chat messages (bug/feature 353)
- Lolly icons added to scoreboard, instead of bot skill icon/handicap (bug/feature 111)
- Quick-infos (or tool-tips) support added for menu items. A short hint is shown for selected menu items on mouse over. (Tell us if more hints are needed!)
- WoP program icon that is SVG format to meet Free desktop specification standards (bug/feature 411)
- Demo files are shown in alphabetical order now in menu
- Do not append a files suffix to a sound file name in target_speaker (e.g. change ‘…/sound.wav’ to ‘…/sound’, so OggVorbis support etc. will work one day)
- Windows executables now properly use %APPDATA%\Padman as home path. That’s the folder for screenshots, demo files etc.
- A check for multi-sample GL extension was missing
- Bug 107/308: Bots should return the flag correctly now instead of standing idle in CTL
- Bug 170: Changed position of text drop shadow for a better visibility of text on screen on bright background
- Bug 390: Fridge sparkle shader revised and removed wrong shader keyword which caused error message
- Bug 408/410: Hopefully Bambams can’t be placed into brushwork any more
- Bug 414: Broken logfile entries, replaced ancient vsprintf calls with more secure Q_vsnprintf
- Bug 417: Music was played for a second while loading a map when the game was unable to load the playlist file
- Bug 419: Fixed PaddyBell bot support
- Fixed movement prediction of frozen players
- Lagometer while demo playback is shown now correctly, taken from wolfcamQL
- Last char of demo file name in menu got cut off, which caused loading of the demo to fail
- Default game type redirect of BB maps removed. Every map (bsp file) needs its own entry in arena file now (important for further improvements of the vote menu).
- Updated WoP radiant files.zip. Journey and PadShop were missing in default_shaderlist.txt
- Updated code base to ioq3 rev 1997